Re: HOAX! Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: new virus out read & pass on] -- stop sending chain letters.

At 09:04 PM 10/18/00 +0000, Harry Binswanger wrote:
>I caught a glimpse of computer common sense, once. It happened one snowy
>evening ... but I digress. My point is that I got hit with the I Love You
>virus, lost all my .jpg files on my whole system. I don't use Outlook
>Express, ever. I never installed it. (That's why it didn't spread from me

Oh, OK, maybe it was that infamous Windows Scripting Host.
In either case, it is your choice to turn it on and make yourself vulnerable to
this sort of thing, or not to do.
A "virus" this is not, and CNN never explained the situation. (Not that I accuse
them of having a clue what they talk about...)

-- Rene v. Rentzell, Tokyo