Highlighting Lines, the sequel

OK, I think I've figured this out--almost.
As you all remember, I wanted to be able to highlight the line the cursor is on--I'm
switching my phone directory from a feature-laden, slow program to a XyWrite/Dos
window.

What i did finally was redefine the cursor up/down keys in the separate pad, which
I don't use anyway.

So I switch to the phone directory, automatically set up as a very small window
at the bottom of the screen, and cursor down; the key has been redefined
as: 102=xd,nl,dl .

Works like a charm going down--but it won't work g oing up, as in
100=xd,pl,dl. In that case, it defines one line, then won't move.

Why is this?

           James D. Besser, Washington Correspondent
   Fax: 703.978.3675 * E-mail: jbesser@xxxxxxxx , jdbesser@xxxxxxxx
          PO Box 1292, Springfield, VA 22151