Re: Conversion from Xywrite 3.55 to Word

"How does one "execute" an executable file?"

There are a couple of answers, leaving aside XPL files, which are
executable within XY/XW only. You can run an *.EXE, *.COM, or *.BAT file
from the command line, with DO ("do format a: /u"). Some such files are
incorporated in menu systems, for instance the conversion filters we
have been talking about, which can be run by choosing an option from the
XY4 or XW4 Files menu.

Keep in mind also that a good deal of the business of any Windows
program including XW is done by the 4th type of executable, *.DLL files,
which are controlled within the application program structure, so that
you never see the command.

By the way, my sense of modesty is outraged by the title "Prime
Minister." "Grand Cham" is as far as I go.

Cheers,
--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science