Re: Left Justification of Punch Cards

Reply to note from Harry Binswanger  Sun, 06 Aug
2006 18:53:33 -0400

> I generally compose in Eudora, but to illustrate the use of Xy
> to compose, I'm doing this in Xy, with a right margin (RM) of
> 66 and a left margin (LM) of 2.

Yet the lines in your message are 75 chars long. Evidently
Eudora, not XyWrite, is setting your line length. To control line
length within XyWrite, you need to insert hard carriage returns at
the end of each line before copying to the clipboard. See my
reply to John.

> BTW, I noticed some double spacing between words in John's
> post, which I assume is an artifact of moving from soft-
> newlines to hard ones.

His text is right-justified, probably because he's TYSing before
copying his text to the clipboard.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx