more horn-tooting

I sent this info privately to Sherry, thinking it might be too off-topic
for the list, but am glad to see I was in error.

Within the last 18 months I've used XyWrite 4.017 to write three volumes
of a new art-book series, "Art of the State" (Harry N. Abrams, New
York)--California (Spring '98), Louisiana (in stores this month), and
Washington State (Spring '99). In this case, the axiom "Research is
endlessly beguiling, but writing is hard work" was reversed. The research
was simply endless, but the writing, thanks to Xy, was almost pure
pleasure. And I could e-mail everything to my editor, who works with Word
for Mac, without a single glitch or hitch.

The books, BTW, are small-format (about 6" square) hardcover volumes that
will eventually cover the arts--fine, folk, literary, dramatic,
ephemeral--of all 50 states. Sort of like coffee-table books for very small
coffee tables...or like the WPA state guides of the late '30s, streamlined
and colorized for the show-don't-tell generation.

Nancy Friedman
Oakland, CA