Back-patting

Me, too! Me, too! I've just finished writing my first book, all in
XyWrite III+, to be published in May by Broadway Books (Bantam Doubleday
Dell). It's called "The Fine Green Line: My Year of Adventure on the Pro
Golf Mini-Tours" and it's about my obsessive quest to see how much I could
improve as a golfer given one year to do nothing else. I started out as a
three handicap amateur with no tournament experience and finished the year
as about a five handicap pro. I hope everyone on the list will buy lots of
copies at full retail. Perfect father's day gifts!

My publisher, naturally, works in Word, so I had to translate my files back
and forth, but it was worth the effort. I tried switching to Word in
mid-process and felt like suddenly I'd been asked to write the book in
German.  I gave it up after a week.

I write for magazines normally, and do all my work in XyWrite, sending in
my files in ASCII. No one complains. Though it's true that every magazine
I've worked for in the last five years uses Word.

I love this list.