Re: TED--a Linux Xy-type editor?

> I've looked at Ted before, but normally don't have a Linux system up and
> running. The Win32 version of Ted runs on WinXP, but development seems to
> have stopped in 1998, well short of XyWin's capabilities.

	Ted is a common acronym for Tiny Editor (T-Ed)
	of diffrent softwares.
	The three features that Harry mentioned are in
	the Linux version for X-Windows (not Windows from
	MS, but a graphical screen written under (mainly)
	open-source-software and ported to Windows, OS/2
	DOS? and Linux)
	TED for Linux is NOT TED.COM for DOS, OS/2 etc.
	TEDIT was another name for a minimal editor
	like the infamous EDIT of Windows.

     DamnSmall Linux is now using Ted as their
    small wysywyg editor, DSL Linux is
    a full (graphical) Linux with appliations
    designed to fit on a 50 Meg business card-sized
    CDRom and be bootable from the CD.
    So it can be quickly downloaded and tried
    out when you burn the image (ISO) to a CDROM.
  Linkname: Damn Small Linux, Featured Desktop applications

"April 18 2004
  More or more recent information on Ted might be available from the Ted
  web site [108]http://www.nllgg.nl/Ted. The latest versions and the
  source code from [109]ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/editors/ted.;

	And you can run XYWRite quite well if you can
	open a DOS box in Windows, Linux, OS/2 etc.
	Why bother to change? You fingers will thank you
	and you will still be productive.