RE: Xywrite -- missed chance

Brian.Henderson@xxxxxxxx
Thu, 23 May 2002 14:29:56 -0700

> If you're going to bring Unix into the picture, then all bets are
> off. I'm talking about creating an application that's evolving in a
> MORE user-friendly direction. As far as I can tell, Unix lovers like
> Unix BECAUSE it's so difficult.
[snip]

So Microsoft would like you to believe. In fact the Unix philosophy
holds that each element shall do one thing -- & do it well.

Certainly I find Unix/Linux far simpler & more logical than the
hodge-podge of WinDOSe, & more comfortable than dealing with
problems of complexity by piling on yet more complexity.

The only route to `user friendly' is this: simplify, simplify.

Anyhow, if XyWrite can be written in assembly it can be rewritten in C.
That's the native language of Unix.

Wendell Cochran
West Seattle