Re: Change Invisibles: migrating from Xy 3.55 to 4.017 (should be 4.018)

Peter Brown wrote:

> My strip routine, which is probably about as inelegant as this list can
> imagine, searches for "fn1" in expanded mode, then changes to normal mode
> (CM), and finally does a backspace delete [BD] (it loops on those deletions
> until all the footnotes are outta there). Trouble was, I wrote CM whenever I
> wanted the program to switch modes (normal/expanded), and that meant that
> running the routine in expanded mode would make my mode switching and
> context sensitive deletions tricky to correct. The lesson, I guess, is to
> avoid scroll lock (which embeds the CM function), and use XP and WG (for
> expanded mode and normal mode, respectively).

Peter,

Inelegant, but it works. That's about what I do, too. But: don't you need to put
in n at the point where you've dug out the footnotes?

Note to Anne P. et al. at Nota Bene: How about adding this feature to your next
upgrade?

lb136@xxxxxxxx
New Address as of March 20, 20000!!!!
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023