Re: XY and Online

** Reply to note from auerbach@xxxxxxxx 03/11/96 11:38am 0500

> but I think he meant to exclude Windows. My own opinion is that you
> will be happier using OS/2 to do such a thing. I routinely have XyDos and
> a couple of communications sessions running under OS/2
> Installation of OS/2 has gotten much easier lately particularly if you have
> a fairly standard machine.

I second the motion. OS/2 has given my Xy 4 and Xy 3.55 a new lease on
life. The multitasking--with my I-net programs, c omm program, data
base, etc--is very stable. In six months, I've never had a hang while in
XyWrite or switching to/from XyWrite.

The cut and paste capability that you get using Xy/Dos under OS/2 is very
nice, especially if you spend a lot of time on the net.

But the OS/2 solution doesn't work if you need cutting-edge software; there
just isn't enough of it being produced for OS/2. But since you're an OS/2
user, cutting edge is probably the lastl thing on your mind!

The OS/2 installation is still a pit, though.

jb

        ***James D. Besser, Washington correspondent ***
 Fax: 703-978-3675 * E-mail: jbesser@xxxxxxxx or 4212207@xxxxxxxx ***