Re: Laptop keyboards

 My second-hand laptop
> has an Fn key that invokes the number pad, which overlies the rightmost
> keys of the normal keyboard. The result is that I cannot access the
> number pad plus key within XyWrite,

On my laptop, fn with the grayed out plus sign just gives me
a plus sign. Fn with alt and the grayed out plus sign
selects the numbers I want to calculate and keeps a running
tab on the status line. Alt (no Fn) with the regular = sign
inserts the grand total into the text.

Are you maybe leaving out the alt key?

> and one of the things I love about Xy
> is the ability to total a column of figures using that function.

Me too.

Judith Davidsen