Re: XyWin 4.12 Type Size Menu Trouble

Allan--
  I sympathize. I have run into the same problem and worse
(program crashes) all related to management of fonts and sizes.
I did not have this problem with earlier versions of XyWin, but
they just suddenly appeared--missing font and size menu and
mismatched screen fonts.
  --Kiyoshi

>   For TTG Tech Support, and anyone else listening: > >
On one of my *two* XyWin 4.12 machines, what seems to be a fairly
>debilitating bug has suddenly appeared. > >   The drop-down
listing of type sizes, on the format bar, is suddenly
>missing all its size choices. In their place is a single "section" symbol.
>I can enter a point size manually, or from the command line, but cannot use
>the menu to choose. > >   When I go through the Preferences dialogue, to alter my type size
>defaults and re-enter the missing point sizes, I get this error message:
>Cannot Compare Number to String ≪pv10≫ == ≪pv03≫ > >
Assuming that my Xwdlg.dlg file had become corrupted, I copied it from
>the other machine and overwrote the one on the defective machine. No
>result. > >   Thanks for any help you can give.- >al >
>Allan M. Siegal........................siegal@xxxxxxxx
>Assistant Managing Editor >The New York Times >

 Kiyoshi Kuromiya, Project Director
 Critical Path Project

 Email: kiyoshi@xxxxxxxx
 Hotline: (215) 545-2212 (24-hr)