XyWin 4.12 Type Size Menu Trouble

   For TTG Tech Support, and anyone else listening:

   On one of my *two* XyWin 4.12 machines, what seems to be a
fairly debilitating bug has suddenly appeared.

   The drop-down listing of type sizes, on the format bar, is
suddenly missing all its size choices. In their place is a single
"section" symbol.
I can enter a point size manually, or from the command line, but
cannot use the menu to choose.

   When I go through the Preferences dialogue, to alter my type
size defaults and re-enter the missing point sizes, I get this
error message:
Cannot Compare Number to String ≪pv10≫ == ≪pv03≫

   Assuming that my Xwdlg.dlg file had become corrupted, I
copied it from the other machine and overwrote the one on the
defective machine. No result.

   Thanks for any help you can give.- al
 Allan M. Siegal........................siegal@xxxxxxxx
Assistant Managing Editor The New York Times