Keyboard changes

As previously noted, one of the drawbacks of modifying the KBD file is that
you get out of sync with the documentation, and this can sometimes be a
problem for new users (or at least those who might actually refer to the
documentation on occasion.)

A good keyboard chart showing revised functions can go a long way toward
overcoming this. I've attached one that I did as a Lotus 3.4 DOS WYSIWYG
file some years ago. (Yes, I do need to migrate this to a more modern
graphics platform.)

Another problem is that some messages relating to keys are hard coded in
EDITOR.EXE (e.g., "--Shift+F1 to save" at the top of a RH command window.)
It might be best to leave these alone. I suppose it's possible to
surgically fix them with a hex editor . . . has anyone ever tried it?

    Tom Hawley
    tjh@xxxxxxxx