RE: Nod32 (was OT-AV)

>If anyone is running Nod32 AV I'd appreciate a note on your experience. Thank you.

>Michael Norman

This is from a trusted software reviewer (http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/):

"It seems to me that many people overlooked my recommendation of Eset's Nod32 as the
second-best antivirus product in 2006.
If you've read the entire series, you know that I went to great pains to detail my concerns about
Nod32 2.5.
I did that because I truly admire and trust the protective qualities of this little-known antivirus
product.
The combination of Nod32 and Webroot's Spy Sweeper is running on four of my computers.
If you use Microsoft Outlook 2002 or 2003, or your computer is on a corporate network whose mail
server is scanned on the server,
I recommend Nod32 and Webroot's Spy Sweeper (version 5.0.7 or later) over F-Secure Anti-Virus 2006.
If you use any email product but Outlook, Nod32 doesn't offer outbound scanning, but there is no
risk to your computer in that.
I'm not sanguine about that approach personally, because I strongly believe in outbound scanning,
but it's our choice.
Only if you use Qualcomm's Eudora email program have a specifically recommended that you give Nod32
a miss.
Unfortunately, I use Eudora on my primary production computer, so that made Nod32 second fiddle for
me."

_BrianH.