Re: JOBS

Interesting, M.K. I work for Brigham Young University, in Provo, Utah. I'm one
of a few professionals who work with the campus newspaper. I'm the production
manager and systems manager, but the sign on my door reads "Director of Toys
and Hobbies." I grew up in a weekly in Nephi, (that's read "Knee-fi") Utah,
where my dad owned the Nephi Times-News. I, too, grew up with ink in my blood,
a pencil in one hand, a camera in the other, and the dirt of the California Job
Case under my fingernails, in a hot metal shop. I tell these kids that I'm 35
years old and I've been in the business for 30 years. Of course, I'm
exaggerating. I've probably only been in it for 28 years. Nowadays, I don't do
a lot of writing, and my photo interests have turned to landscape photography.
(One of the only real reasons to live in Utah). As a teenager, though, I used
to go out and take pictures of traffic fatalities, fires, robberies, and every
other thing that turns up in a small town. I think you're right when you say
it's "cursed for all eternity with something you love/hate"

Daryl