the darndest thing

Here's something that has never happened to me in all my happy
decades with XyWrite.
My Win7 hard drive had gone astray, and it had taken me several days
to cobble together a workable system and get nearly all my data back
in one place. XyWrite I simply invoked, as usual, and it worked. But
now, some of the control keys don't work! I have always used the
Wordstar-style cursor diamond: ctrl-e for up-arrow, ctrl-s for left
arrow, etc. Ctrl-s works, but ctrl-e does not! Has anyone ever
experienced this before? I just invoked another instance of XyWrite,
and it's all the same thing. Can't reboot as I'm in the midst of a
Ghost 15 copy-to-spare. AH! Ctrl-E doesn't work in Eudora either --
neither does ctrl-A. So it's not just a XyWrite issue. Let's hope a
reboot cures all.