Type Styles

   I thought that by upgrading XyW 4.016 to 4.017 a problem with type
   styles would be resolved, but it isn't. Trying to change the type
   style of text already entered by defining the block to be changed and
   then invoking a Control + number key usually doesn't change the style
   of the highlighted block but does change the style of what comes
   thereafter.

   As an example, I typed Contact--Jim Eberle, with the word Contact and
   the hyphens in bold and Jim Eberle in normal type. Then I decided to
   change the hyphens to italic, but what happens is that the hyphens
   stay bold but Jim Eberle changes to italic.

   Looking at what happens in Expanded View, it appears that the new type
   style is being inserted after the define block and has no effect on
   the area that was defined, only the area going forward.

   The change works fine in Xy 3. Am I doing something wrong in Xy 4? It
   really gets nasty when a whole paragraph changes style, especially if
   certain parts of the paragraph have initially been entered in a
   different style.

   Jim Eberle
   jeberle@xxxxxxxx