Re: OT: firefox bookmark

--- ac127  wrote:

---------------------------------
> I've found this 'hidden' file,

>  bookmarks.html

It's been named that since probably the Netscape 4.5x
days. The main difference in product iterations ever
since is where they happen to park the file. For a
long time now, it has been stored inside the User
Profile directory, which has a unique "code" name,
unless you designated your own specific Profile Name
during installation. (Or running Profile Manager, in
the course of creating other profiles.)

Incidentally, this file always says at the top "DO NOT
EDIT." However, I have never hesitated to edit the
file -- *carefully*, with some idea of just what I'm
doing -- using Xy. And I've never had a problem in so
doing. (How's that, for a quick nod back to Topic ?)
In particular, you don't want to introduce any odd
characters that might gum up the works. Alphanumerics
and punctuation are o.k., but remember that this is an
HTML file, with HTML formatting.

Jordan