(no subject)

Robert Holmgren writes (responding to Myron Gochnauer),
> I think you've gotten momentarily confused, Myron.  You never LOAD the speller; it is not mentioned in STARTUP.INT.  You merely locate it in the DOS PATH.<

Would Robert or Carl, or competent other, show me where to put the speller in my autoexec.bat? When I need it, I have to "load \xy4\dict.spl".

I am using Win 98SE,  and there autoexec.bat reads:

"rem - By Windows Setup - C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\MSCDEX /V /D:CD003
/M:10"

My xywrite editor file (4.018), et al., is in C:\xy4. There is no autoexec.bat file in that directory. I do have an autoexec.bat with a short, simple path statement  in C:Xy\Xy 3.54, which I rarely use.

Whatever is wrong probably got screwed up when the builder of my machine reinstalled the op system after a major virus problem last winter. FWIW, I have the original xy4.017 installation floppies but part of one of them is corrupted.

Apologies for the elementary character of this query, and many thanks in advance.

Bruce Felknor