Re: (no subject)

** Reply to message from Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx on Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:05:18 EST

> Would Robert or Carl, or competent other, show me where to put the speller in
> my autoexec.bat? When I need it, I have to "load \xy4\dict.spl".

You do not mention DICT.SPL in AUTOEXEC.BAT. You don't mention it in
STARTUP.INT. You don't mention it *anywhere*. And you *never* LOAD it! You
simply locate it (place the file) in the DOS PATH. Editor's directory should
be in the PATH, so put DICT.SPL there too.

Since (apparently) so very many subscribers neither read nor remember anything
said here (we just discussed the same problem 18 hours ago), isn't there some
handy robot to answer questions asked three thousand times -- like "what's the
PATH? where does it go? how do I get 'in' it?" The repetition really grinds
you down after awhile... and wastes time hugely. I think it's no exaggeration
that about 97-98% of what we discuss here has all been discussed before,
multiple times. A FAQ, maybe -- the "top 100 questions"? (Brian?)

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx