(fwd) Hurray for InfoWorld - Win95 Lays Egg

Allas, InfoWorld made my day with the following headline:
"Win95 beta lays egg - Operating system freezes running 32bit
 multitasking apps."

 I don't know how many of you had a chance to read it, but basically
 it states this. When a few 32bit apps are run at the same time
 on Win95, the whole thing goes belly up or darn close. They had
 not caught the bug before because there where not many 32bit apps
 to test it with. Though, Microshaft supposably has known of the
 bug for a few months now. There is a lot more information on
 the Win95 Beta, and I would say I am pleased with InfoWorlds job
 of testing it. Pretty much the only thing they said good about it
 was that it had a re-vamped GUI, and it kinda installed correctly.
 Other then that, they do not seem to like it very much.

 Now for those of you reading this I must caution this. What
 InfoWorld says is not necessarily gossible, I use their coverage
 of OS/2 as an example of this. Thus, Win95 may not be as bad as
 they say, but I sure hope that it is (giggle). I am just happy
 to see some writers willing to come out and say that the product
 is not so hot. I have seen to much "Win95 will cure the world"
 thing, with many writers jumping on the band wagon because they
 have their heads up their other end. InfoWorld is slowly coming
 around, now if they would just look at OS/2 a little more
 closely!

 If you get a chance, read the whole thing (there is a ton of
 info in it regards Win95.) Then do as I am going to do and e-mail
 InfoWorld and thank them for not having the usual Microsoft
 slant.

 Like I said, made my day and even made me laugh at the stupid
 problems it had.

 Grinning very wide
 Rob Bush
 bush@xxxxxxxx

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx harmon@xxxxxxxx

The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here and you
are out there.