Hitting F5

... yes, but not as often as I hit Ctrl+F8 to see what Mr Gates is doing to
my copy when my back is turned.

Incidentally, I don't know about other XyWriters, but for me the issue of
where the F keys are is intimately bound up with one of the virtues of
XyWrite, namely the fact that (as a fast and experienced typist) I can do
most of my work without either having to mouse around, still less look for
an icon to clickon. My conditioned reflex isn't just to reach for Ctrl+F8:
it's to reach for a Ctrl and an F8 that lie diagonally under a pair of
fingers of the left hand.

Cheers
Eric Van Tassel