Compatibility problem...?

  I think that I may have found an compatibility problem between
  the PCLEX speller UK.DIC and the file PERS.SPL. When I load PERS.
  SPL (Alt-F7) with UK.DIC, after typing a few letters, I get the
  message "This program has performed an illegal operation, etc....
  and the XY4 terminates and I find myself back in Windows, ...if I
  am lucky. Sometimes my computer freezes and I have to reboot. I
  run XY4 from a DOS window in Windows95. None of this happens when
  the Microlytic speller is the principal speller. Has anyone else
  encountered this problem?, and, if so, is there a remedy?

  M.W. Poirier