Touchpad!

Touchpads seem not to be a mature technology. For several years
I have been using a trackball, but like mice, it is impossible if
you have furry cats that shed. I am ready to move to a touchpad.

The problem is that I have not seen a comparative review, and the
usual squibs give no idea of which of the several quite different
designs is best for a given purpose.

Has anyone on this list read a comparative review or, better yet,
tried more than one brand of touchpad? I would be delighted if I
could get some advice.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science