Re Re Ellipsis Points, Part III

"Gochnauer, Myron L"  wrote:
≪I seem to recall that some work was being done on an XPL program that would clean up these files, but at the time it was still not wholly successful. Has any further work being done on this while I wasn't paying attention?≫
Well, there are two routines in U2, STRIPMD and DREF, that clean out
redundant formatting. Robert , Carl, and I discussed them back in
January 03, when Robert did some revisions to DREF. Now that XySearch is
up again--and many thanks, Harry, Robert, and Jordan for the additional
material--look for Robert's explanation of the logic of DREF and try
them out.

Patricia M. Godfrey