RE REgedit

Surely there's one very simple solution to Avrom's problem? Nine hundred
and ninety nine times out of 1,000, when we say "registry" on this list,
we mean the XyWrite registry. Anyone who does have to mention the Windows
Registry, just remember to call it that--or the Redmond Registry, or the
Rotten Registry or anything else (printable) that occurs to him or her.
Otherwise, we assume the XyWrite registry is meant.

I don't want to hassle Avrom, because it looks as if he's being forced to
use XP against his will and better instincts, and I'd be spitting bullets
in that position. And anyway, we're all guilty (moi aussi, hélas!). What
ever happened to "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"? Carl and Robert
have generously given us the fruits of their labor; and we hardly ever
thank them, we whine, we kvetch, we ask dumb questions... Well, WE don't
know they're dumb until we ask them; neither do so-called editors who
say, "Participle--what's that?" to me. So I see both sides of this, and I
sympathize with both sides, but when all is said and done, if an expert
gives you advice, you can expect it to be over your head. Reach up and
grab it, as one of my teachers used to say.

Patricia M. Godfrey
PMGodfrey@xxxxxxxx