Making the Transition XY4

Carl and John,
There is newer edition of this in the XY4 documentation. I have scanned it and it can be found at
https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/Xy4_Making_the_Transition.pdf
Please mirror if you find it worth while. In my opinion, there is no rift between Xy3/NB3 and Xy4 users. The transition to Xy4 is quite straightforward. The backward compatibility of Xy4 is perhaps more problematic.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/

Carl Distefano wrote:
The essential guide to switching is Signature: Making the Transition.
(I wish I knew where my copy is; if I ever find it I'll scan it ASAP.)
But as a quick-start toe-in-the-water, I suggest simply running Xy4
using your Xy3 keyboard file -- just like that. Most things should
work. To the extent something doesn't work, you'll begin to get a feel
for some of the differences.