Re: Footnote crash bug

** Reply to note from Robert Holmgren  Thu, 21 Nov 96 03:50:58 +0000

> ** Reply to note from jenterli@xxxxxxxx (James Enterline) Wed, 20 Nov 1996 12:47:36 -0500 (EST)
>
> > Sometimes (that fatal word) when I have been editing a previously entered
> > FN2 footnote I close it [Shift-F1] and find that my screen now is positioned
> > not at this footnote, but at some other one!
>
> This happens to me often (Xy4). And I never use more than one footnote set.

In my experience, the problem is not limited to footnotes,
but can occur also with LaBels, NoTes, SaveStyles,
formatting commands -- in short, with any embedded text
edited in a command window after invoking func EF. It's
especially serious in Page-Line display mode, which is
crippled by other screen-refresh anomalies, notably,
"phantom" cursors that don't correspond to actual cursor
position or that appear on the command header when in fact
the cursor is in text. That defect alone renders Page-Line
mode virtually useless, IMO.

Carl Distefano  * * *