Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

Just to wrap this thread, I tried FontCreator yesterday on Adobe
Standard Courier, and .otf font. The program saved the edited font as
TrueType, and it did not display well; it looked like a thin washed
out version of the original. (I'd upped the line gap to 600.) As
Robert has pointed out, there are so many variables that unless you
know what you are doing you can end up with watered down soup, which
is what I got. What worked well for Paul editing Verdana, did not
work on Courier.
Meanwhile, NotaBene in draft view continues to display small
anomalies on my XP Pro setup. The descenders in the first two or
three lines on screen flicker when I type, and the decenders on one
line roughly two-thirds of the way down the screen are cut off. The
bottom line descenders are fine. No screen issues in their Page-Line
(graphics) view, but it's a pain to compose in that view. Sent a
report to NB NY, asking if there was a way to increase the line
spacing/letting in draft view.

Michael Norman