Re: From NB NY [Descenders]

Michael, the problem may be that you caused the program to convert from
PS to TT. This is not what Paul did with Verdana. He slightly
edited a highly-optimized, highly-hinted TT font without
displacing the hand-hints (which took hundreds of hours of highly paid
work to get there). You seem to have autto-converted from one format to
another (given that most Adobe fonts are PS even when the extension is
.otf -- otf being a wrapper which can encompass either PS or TT data),
and of course you will have poor screen resolution because TT must
be hand-hinted to look good on screen. If you want Courier, you might
look at HP's once-free and maybe still-free Courier Dark, which is
intended to address the problems in Adobe's and Microsoft's too-thin
Courier.