Re MSWord attachments that weren't

			And we changed the thread title, but
		additions to title do or could show the transitional topic.
"
" Sorry to disagree with you, but the attached files were PURE ASCII files.
" They just happened to have a ".DOC" extension.
" The E-mail message was created by MS OUTLOOK. No "other" word processor was
" use.
"
" George Buschman
" Technology Group

	True, but some programs react to mime and that
	extension, and therefore I don't open the file
	attachment to see machine code that messes up
	the display.

	Thank you for a clean message, Mr. Buschman. I've encountered
	far worse things where a simple 400 byte message
	ballooned to a 40 Kbyte attachment when send by
	mail.

	It was a suprise to see TTG messages saying, on
	my side of the SMPT, the message is
---- QUOTE ---
This message contains data in an unrecognized format, application/msword,
which can either be viewed as text or written to a file.

What do you want to do with the application/msword data?
1 -- See it as text
2 -- Write it to a file
3 -- Just skip it
----- END QUOTE ----

	At least no one has tried to send the full U.S. OIC report
	("The Starr REport") to this list and then have others
	quote in reply. Ugh.

	I have saved the XY-install notes and wonder if there is a
	particular set for OS/2 or Linux as well?

					D. Say say@xxxxxxxx