Re: The Legacy of Newer Hardware + Xy

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Mon, 23 Jun 2003
12:49:42 -0800

Interesting report. For what it's worth, I've been editing a lot of
photographs lately, and for graphics, big CRTs are hands-down superior to all
the flat panels that I've seen, with the possible exception of a plasma screen
(if you want to spring for one of them -- very expensive, and not high
resolution, maybe 1260x1024 tops). With a real CRT, you can tune the color
temperature to critical tolerances, and of course it's analog -- same as your
eye. Richer, warmer, truer colors, and much subtler degrees of gray-scale
contrast. When you A-B them directly, it's an amazing difference.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx