Re: What to do for people who might want Xy4 or XyWin and cannot

Reply to note from Eric Van Tassel <101233.342@xxxxxxxx> Sun,
8 Jun 2003 12:03:22 -0400

> I've lost some of my Xy4 and XyWin floppies; and the versions
> transplanted from the previous PC have grown steadily more
> corrupt.

If you're speaking of editable customization files such as XY4.KBD
-- well, I imagine there are plenty of pristine copies of those
kicking around. But if you mean EDITOR.EXE -- hmmmmmmm. In my
experience, it's dashed difficult to corrupt Editor in normal use,
even with multiple transplantations from one machine to another. We
all have our war stories, but, in general, anomalies are more likely
to result from subtle variations in setup than from file corruption.
What behavior, in particular, leads you to believe that your system
files have mutated?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx