RE: Re Xy4 Customization Guide Preview

-----Original Message----- From: Patricia M. Godfrey

≫I absolutely do not have a problem with anyone offering advise or
criticism.≪

>Good. It was meant as a (possibly) helpful suggestion, not criticism.

I'm sorry Patricia. I didn't mean to imply that I was having any problem
with anybody. I just occurred to me to make it clear that all feedback is
welcome - it's not going to hurt my feelings (I have no feelings to
hurt...just ask my wife :).

And besides, you were absolutely right. I'm so used working in 8 pt. (a
legacy from the days when page-count mattered), I needed someone to point
out that my format could use a little tweaking.

≫to tease those who say things like, "12 point body type".≪

>Tease away.

That's an easy request.

>What is XyVision? Some sort of DTP app that interfaces with XyWrite? Now
>that I should _love_ to know about.

Unfortunately, Xyvision (usually referred to as XPP) is a $70,000
UNIX-resident behemoth. If you're familiar with something like Pagemaker,
you might get an inkling of with XPP does. Mostly it's like formatting
water. You try and channel it and with any luck it'll go in roughly the
direction you intended.

-B