Re: uniqcomp.pm - More clues?

Robert--
Confirming (I think) your posting this morning: I am using the zipped version of UNIQOMP.PM posted 8 November, with Nota Bene 7.0b. On the file1.txt/file2.txt comparison, after the question mark on the "What is a database" line, these four characters are inserted: thorn, a-e ligature, SS (which may be one of our 3-byte characters); then the NMIN fills the screen until interrupted with ctrl-break. It doesn't matter what display mode I start in. I think this suggests that the problem does not lie in decoding (since I'm not decoding) but somewhere else.

James