Re: Problem with graphics view...?

** Reply to message from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  on Tue, 30
May 2006 17:51:57 -0400

> I should add that in all cases, I did get a
> Graphics view screen in a window

But a frozen application -- right? Understand that XyWrite itself (wee
XyWrite) is generating the very special video mode that displays Speedo
Graphics. XyWrite knew not about Windows. So it's potluck and frozen turkey
dinner for this particular procedure. As I said, this is tough for the video
adapter. Obviously, duh, the solution is to go into fullscreen first, then
Graphics. That will ALWAYS work.

(I mean, that is SO obvious, that I just don't know what to say. Why fight it?
XyWrite is a DOS application. It was not designed for Windows, nor to be
displayed in a window. It was not designed for Windows, nor to be displayed in
a window. It was not designed for Windows, nor to be displayed in a window.
It was not designed for Windows, nor to be displayed in a bloody Desktop
window! If it works anyway, count your blessings.)

If you think this is bad, just wait until you buy a 64-bit computer+OS, and you
have to run XyWrite under SourceForge's "DosBox"! Ho ho ho.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx