Re: Problem with graphics view...?

OK, just tested on this box. The same error message,
but unlike on the older PC at the office, when I
clicked on OK, I was able to shut down Xy from the X in
the corner, without having recourse to CTRL-ALT-DEL.
This has, as I've said before, and NVidia Gforce VGA
card, and lots more RAM than the one where it worked.
So I really think the VGA adapter may be the key
element. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any
other SiS VGA systems hereabouts. And I should add that
in all cases, I did get a Graphics view screen in a
window. I just couldn't do anything with it except on
the SiS/Duron.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx