Re: Problem with graphics view...?

Robert Holmgren wrote:
But a frozen application -- right? the solution is to go into
> fullscreen first, then Graphics.
> That will ALWAYS work.
Yes, but I'm talking about something ELSE. Two things actually. 1) I do NOT get a freeze, just a few seconds (which I find unnerving) of black screen, if I go from Windowed to full screen OR Windowed directly to Graphics mode. Xy remains fully operational. 2) On ONE machine, I can not only go straight from windowed to Graphics mode, but once in Graphics mode I can hit ALT-Enter and get graphics mode in a window and Xy remains fully operational. On the other boxes, I get Graphics mode Xy in a Window, but also get an error message and Xy is frozen.
(I mean, that is SO obvious, that I just don't know what to say. Why fight it?
XyWrite is a DOS application. It was not designed for Windows, nor to be
displayed in a window.
BUT on at least once piece of hardware, you CAN do it even in Graphics mode. And some of us, for reasons that seem adequate to us, prefer windowed mode. If there is any chance of keeping that for a few more years, I think it well to pursue it.
FWIW, I almost never use Graphics mode myself; if I
really need to see what something will look like, I
call it in XyWin. Heck, that box where I got working
Graphics in a Window is my old desktop that I used for
almost a year and never noticed.
If you think this is bad, just wait until you buy a 64-bit computer+OS, and you
have to run XyWrite under SourceForge's "DosBox"! Ho ho ho.
I know. I shudder at the thought. But my laptops are P1s, one of them still running W95. Modern hardware is pretty good; it lasts.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx