Re: Off topic: Javascript

** Reply to message from "J. R. Fox"  on Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:25:46 -0800

> I thought you were on your way out of town, and that we'd be losing
> you for something like 3 months ? The latter part does not seem to
> have happened, so we are indeed fortunate.

Sick. Head cold, chills, cough, fever. Bored out of my skull.
Can't read (blurry). SARS, without a doubt. So, when there's
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else to do, I troll The List.

> Do you know of any converter utility -- freeware, perhaps -- that can
> parse a block of JavaScript gobbledygook
> and convert it to plain English ?

No, sorry, I don't. But Jscript is mostly pretty simple stuff --
another scripting language, like Rexx or WSH; I wouldn't just write
it off as "gobbledygook" -- I'm not saying it's easy to write, but
rather that you ought to be able to figure out the general intent
of an existing script. Translation to "English" isn't going to give
you more than that: general intent.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx