Re: Windows 7, again - tips and tricks

Reply to note from Jon P  Sat, 9 Nov 2013
13:25:42 -0800 (PST)

> START works in both approaches.

Good to hear! I'm in Martin's camp, in that I'm constantly using the
Xy CMline as an interactive launchpad for Windows programs. So I'm
heartened to hear that the START command works as expected in
virtual XP.

> By the way, while Googling around I saw that only Win7
> Professional runs XP Mode. But if you have a lesser Win7 you
> can run XP Mode via VMWare--no need for an XP installation
> disk.
>
> http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/megadots/vmware.htm

Great link, Jon. Bookmarked it in anticipation of the unhappy day
when I'm forced to go virtual.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx