Re: TAME Pre8

Harry Binswanger wrote:
I'm slightly flummoxed by all the files in all the directories, all with
settings that influence what you see. For the users, it should all be in
one file. One.
Indeed. But Windows has been using this scatter-shot
approach for years. One part of it is necessitated
(though I still think implemented in a poor way) by the
existence of separate user accounts, each with its own
settings and permissions, which is much more pervasive
in the NT flavors. So a lot of things that would have
gone in the program's own directory or in
Windows\System in 9x seem to get put in
AllUsers\Documents and Settings\App Such and So\, and
so on (I'm citing from memory, so I probably have the
exact paths wrong, but you get the idea).

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx