Re: Off topic -toner cartridges for hp laserjet 4 and 5

Avrom Fischer wrote:
I have to get toner cartridges for my hp laserjet 4 and for my laserjet 5. Both work fine. I am looking for suggestions on where to buy toner cartridges. I am thinking that since I do a lot of printing in draft and only a small amount in final that goes out of my office to use original hp toner cartridges for my hp 4 to take no changes 5 and non-hp or rebuilt toner cartridges on my hp5 which I will use for draft to
I've heard that the rebuilt/remanufactured cartriges
can leak and ruin the printer, so I'd avoid them.
Wouldn't it make more sense to use the LJ 5 (which I
assume has more fonts and sharper output) for the
"good" (for out-of-house) docs, and the LJ 4 for the
draft? Or does the greater speed of the LJ 5 justify
using it for what you do the most?
About "OEM" cartridges, there's a lot of dispute. Some
printers (notably recent Epson inkjets) simply won't
let you use them: put one in and up pops a message:
This is not a genuine Epson Cartridge. And no printing.
They can be used in the older models, and some people
say they're just as good as the name brands, some say
not. I would never use an OEM cartridge in a printer
that was still under warranty, because the
manufacturers consider that to void the warranty.
Obviously not an issue with printers that old.

Look at the following dealers:
Quill
Reliable
TechDepot/Office Depot