Re: DOS Window Font Nomenclature and Identification; Firefox

	[Y]ou _still_ are notified, every 12 hours or so,
	about a "critical security update", mostly related
	to bugs and holes and vulnerabilities in IE, from
	Microsoft's Automatic Updates for NT. It makes you
	wonder how poor 9x users are faring, since M$ doesn't
	bother to notify them of anything at all, and they
	have IE from the last century...
				--Robert Holmgren

You need wonder no longer how one pitiful 9x
user is faring, Robert:

I can't think of a lot of other reasons to use
win95 (instead of win98) except that it's the
last Windows release with an MSIE-free kernel,
and I believe it's also pre-Active-X. I'd guess
that more crackers target osX and linux than do
win95--and you know how many do that--so scant
need for "critical security update" patches.

No stinkin' MSIE from any century here, now or ever,
and no experience with pop-ups or worms or virii
or spyware or whatever it is that folks are forever
nattering about. I guess that's partly because I've
also never had an email client in my PC.

	Firefox would be a smart upgrade for them.

Tried it for a few weeks. Interface is too
MSIE-compliant for my taste. I'm used to reaching
for a cursor-left or z key to back up a page, e.g.,
not backspace. Etc. Ciao. 			--annie

	xyWin+nbWin+xyW3 !xyWWWiz Web assistants +
	xyWrite 3 supplements !xyWise and !xyWiz +
	Wolfgang Bechstein's seafaring adventures: