Re: Xy'd NB -- FLV Video Capture and Player

** Reply to message from Carl Distefano  on Mon,
18 Feb 2008 21:27:05 -0500

>> The only truly lightweight [Flash Video] player I know is
>> the one that I wrote, called FLVMiniPlayer. Get it here:
>>  http://xywrite.org//XyWWWebHelp/FLVMiniPlayer.zip

> Well, now, isn't THAT nifty as all getout! Fantastic, Robert! I
> can't get over how small this program is... And -- of course -- it
> works like a charm.

Ah, well, if you like that, then try this out -- the full
program:
 http://xywrite.org//XyWWWebHelp/YouTubeSaveVideo.zip
UnZIP in the same directory (overwrite All), and run Install.bat
-- it will replace the subset MiniPlayer version.

YouTube has such an immense amount of amazing stuff -- but the
content appears and disappears, unpredictably. AND real-time Net
streams can be slow and hiccuppy to watch. Whereas, the speed
and smoothness are splendid when the FLV is local to your
machine. Only problem: YouTube doesn't want you to capture
(copy to hard disk) their videos! Yes, there are workarounds --
few websites that will decipher the real URL if you Paste in the
encrypted address, so you can then DL a video.

YouTubeSaveVideo.exe does all that and more. I've built up a
huge library of rarities.

BTW, I've changed one of the MiniPlayer's attributes,
"smoothness", from "false" to "true". I avoided this before,
because it imposes additional burdens on the CPU. But the
improvement in quality when you blow the size up is dramatic
enough to tip the balance. So... refreshed version:
 http://xywrite.org//XyWWWebHelp/FLVMiniPlayer.zip