Re: XYWin hogs CPU

Ok, thanks.

Paul

Michael Norman wrote:
 11:06 AM 2/20/2008, Paul Breeze wrote:
Where does Tame 5.1 in any version come from? I can only download Tame 5.0 or Tame 6.0 rc9. Perhaps you could send me a copy of the last version of Tame 5.1 you have and I'll see if I have any better luck with that.
Here's the deal, as my students say: TAME seems perpetually a work in
progress, always in beta, always the author adding -- and testing -- new
features, and, it seems, bringing all bugs forward even as he creates
new ones. Well, for $20 fine. I'm willing to serve as a betaman. I've
checked all the registry entires the program writes -- maybe six -- and
they are easy enough to remove if you end up hating the thing or if it
makes your machine behave in strange ways. With V5.1, he has a number of
iterations. From what I can tell reading the traffic here, 5.1 pre7,
which I'll send to you offlist, works on most setups. It has a few
anomalies -- thesaurus behaves badly and one or two other small things.
But it works on an IBM and on two DELLS here, all of different vintages.

Michael Norman