Re: Laser printer compatibility

Eric v. Tassel:

HP Laserjets are generally transparent with XY and XW. I have used a
couple. You just want to call TG first and make sure a printer driver
is available for the 5L.

Some magazine evaluations are much better than others. In my
experience, PC Mag is clear and through, and the others just go
through the motions. HP lasers tend always to be at or near the top
of their list for a combination of reliability and quality of printing
in their annual comparative evaluation. In my low-volume use with a
4+ (ca. 20 pp/day, a 300-page MS perhaps every 3 months) I get a year
per toner cartridge. I have also used simpler HP's, inkjet and laser.

The usual discounters now sell the 5L for about $475. Get someone in
the U.S. to buy it for you and deliver it.

--
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science