do-be-do-be-do

As I've discussed before, Win95 programs can be run from a DOS prompt,
whether from a naked DOS box or from XyWrite's DOS gateway. Here are some
things I just discovered (your results may vary; you may have to have a
Path statement to C:\WINDOWS or something similar):

These are all command-line commands --
do explorer brings up the Windows Explorer
do write runs WordPad
do sol runs Solitaire
do freecell runs the freecell game
do notepad runs Notepad
do progman ... well, you get the idea. There's a bunch of stuff worth
investigating.

Because of multi-tasking, these do not seem to run as children of XyWrite.
You can close XyWrite, and these will stay active. XyWrite merely launches
them and then gets out of the way.

You can get a cleaner start with do/nv/x/z, but that kinda defeats the
quickness; I suppose you could put that on a key with a BC function call.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx