PostScript break for xyW/NB users

 LaserGo is offering xyWrite and NotaBene users an exclusive sharp
 discount on its DOS GoScript 32 software PostScript interpreter
 *for a limited time*. Details at the NB site: Follow the
  Welcome page "Printer Driver Alternative" link.
 TTG expects the same information to be at  early next week.

 Why? The best solution I know to the dilemma new printers present to all
 legacy apps is a software PostScript interpreter: Configure interpreter
 for your new laser, inkjet, or dm printer (almost any), load xyWrite PS
 driver, TYF, invoke PS interpreter from CMline, and join the pros.
 PostScript is the global printing industry standard and you can use the
 PDL on your printer, so whether xyWrite has a driver for your printer
 is just one issue. Software PS also gives xyWrite 3 a graphical preview
 and lets xyWrite 4 users willing to forego an *editable* preview shed
 Bitstream fonts.

 Longtime subscribers know (sorry) that I've recommended software PS
 here often, and have mentioned GS32, which is stable, richly documented,
 and supported by a responsive developer (unlike self-styled not-for-
 the-faint-of-heart software PS freeware). I paid a pittance for GS
 at a trade show years ago and assumed that LaserGo's rather staggering
 list prices were negotiable. When a xylist subscriber disabused me
 of that fanciful notion, I took the matter up with the developer.
 This for-xyW/NB users-only discount (less than I paid for GoScript+GS32
 upgrade, but for a short time only) was the outcome. TTG's and NB's
 generous cooperation in informing users of the offer is a gesture
 on the part of each developer to extend our options, not an implied
 endorsement of GS32.

 If PostScript is the mystery techology to you that it is to most wintel
 users, you might take a look at the "old app/new printer blues" NAQ
 (answers to never-asked xyWrite+PostScript questions) at the URL below.
 PostScript uses Type 1 fonts, and you can find !T1_TNT, an xpl font
 engine (hardware or software PS of course) for use with new Type 1 fonts,
 at the same URL. !T1_TNT includes the PS NAQ. Code is xyW3, with data to
 give a head start to anyone who wants to port it to xyW4. ... Ciao. 	--a