Re: A programming question

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Sun, 15 Feb 1998 11:41:32 +0000

> I am trying to write an XY4 program that will perform the task CH
> /$,$/carriage return/. To issue the command from the command line, I
> simply use ALT-SHIFT-ENTER to enter the carriage return. I can't seem
> to figure out how to get a carriage return into the program version of
> the same command.

The handiest form of the carriage return to use is the one generated with
command "func wc". (It's red, with a yellow arrow. It's totally
benign, in that it doesn't generate a  on-screen, and yet it works
properly in programs.) Regrettably, sometimes command "func wc"
produces a regular carriage return when the cursor is in text; so I
dedicated a key to creating red-and-yellow pseudo-s anywhere I
want. I use it all the time, and it's handy. Here's the key
assignment:

nn=NO,{255},{192},{155}

Note that the 255 is a 3-byte char, while 192 and 155
are 1-byters. Now "CH /$,$//" will be a snap to construct
anywhere. Try it, you'll like it.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx